Main content of the website

Emergency Services

The Town of Bon Accord is part of the Sturgeon Regional Emergency Management Partnership (SREMP).  In August 2017, the Regional Emergency Management Plan was finalized.

Building an emergency kit: a small investment with a big reward

You’ve already packed backpacks with supplies for the school year, but have you packed an emergency kit to help get you through emergencies?

In situations like floods, evacuations and winter storms, you should be able to care for members of your household, including pets, for at least three days. This helps first responders focus on people who are hurt or need immediate help before expanding their support to the community.

A properly-stocked emergency kit ensures you have food and water, and any necessary supplies to get through the early days of an emergency. And it will be ready at a moment’s notice, taking some stress out of a stressful situation.

Title: Video titled: Why should you have an emergency kit?

What to pack in your emergency kit

Title: Video titled: What goes in your emergency kit?

Your emergency kit should include basic supplies – food, water, important documents, first aid kit, clothing and more – but it should be customized to you and your family’s needs.

If you have an infant, consider adding diapers and formula (if applicable). If you have medical needs, you may want to pack your medications, records of your prescriptions and essential medical equipment. If you have pets, consider packing a harness and leash, extra food and water and comfort items.

Basic supplies to include

  • Water (four litres per person per day)
  • Food that won’t spoil such as canned food, pasta, energy bars and dried food
    1. If packing canned food, make sure to pack a manual can opener
  • Medical supplies such as over-the-counter and prescription medications, back-up pair of glasses, extra contact lenses and solution, and essential medical equipment
  • Important documents such as identification, birth certificates, health care cards, passports, prescription medication records, insurance policy, and banking information
  • First aid kit
  • Change of clothing and shoes for each household member (seasonally appropriate)
  • Toiletries and personal hygiene items
  • Mobile phone charger(s)
  • Activities such as books, puzzles, cards and small toys
  • Sleeping bags or warm blankets
  • Cleaning supplies such as wipes, masks, gloves, trash bags, hand sanitizer and toilet paper
  • Wind-up or battery-powered flashlight with extra batteries
  • Wind-up or battery-powered radio with extra batteries
  • Candles and waterproof matches or lighter

Printable resources

View the SREMP website to learn more about how you can get prepared for an emergency.

SREMP is a partnership between Sturgeon County, Morinville, Gibbons, Redwater, Bon Accord and Legal. These municipalities work together to coordinate emergency preparedness, response and recovery from disasters.

Emergency Services

Fire Department 

The Town of Bon Accord is served by a Volunteer Fire Department.

If you are interested in volunteering, firefighters meet at the Fire Hall (5025 - 50 Avenue) every Tuesday at 7pm.

If you are interested in applying to become a paid, on-call firefighter click here to learn more and for an application form.


The Morinville RCMP detachment services the Town of Bon Accord.

Contact information:
Address: 10512 - 101 Avenue Morinville, AB T8R 1K9
Phone: 780-939-1600
Fax: 780-939-3774
Hours of Operation: General services - Monday to Friday 8am - 4:30pm

Non-emergency online crime reporting available here.

The RCMP have introduced a public-facing Crime Mapping Tool.  This tool shows real-time crime reporting. 

Please report any and all suspicious activity!

Emergency Preparedness is everyone's responsibility.
Planning to take care of yourself and your family for a minimum of 72 hours will help ensure your safety in the event of an emergency / disaster.

  • Know the Risks
  • Make a plan
  • Get an emergency kit

For more information on how to prepare for an emergency / disaster situation click here.

Sturgeon Rural Crime Watch Association
Sturgeon Rural Crime Watch Association (SRCWA) has been serving Sturgeon County since 1983. It is an all-volunteer, community-based service organization working in partnership with the Morinville RCMP, Morinville Protective Services, Sturgeon Victim Services, and Sturgeon County Protective Services. Our goal is to increase and strengthen crime prevention activities in Sturgeon County and its municipalities including the Town of Bon Accord through broad citizen participation for a safer rural community.

Would you like to live in a safe community?
The Eyes and Ears of our Community
The Key to more

Other resources: